Dare the Monkey
Dare the Monkey is an extremely addictive, super casual, one-touch platformer that evokes the spirit of classic arcade and console games. It’s a love letter to the golden age of Sega and Nintendo games but expertly reinvented for mobile. Think Donkey Kong Country meets Mr. Jump with a touch of Sonic the Hedgehog thrown in for good measure.
Access to a TestFlight build for iOS, watchOS, and tvOS is available on request.
A sandbox account is available allowing all the game’s levels and characters to be unlocked, and also to remove ads. You can request the sandbox credentials here.
Android version coming soon.
- Over 50 levels, across 3 different game modes
- Designed as a F2P product on iOS
- Interstitial ads, pay to skip, pay to unlock, and in-app purchases
- Character heavy design perfect for global branding opportunities
- Inspired by classics such as Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario
- Designed to appeal to lovers of casual games such as Crossy Road and Mr Jump
- Developed for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- World’s first endless runner on Apple Watch
- Planned support and updates including new levels, characters, and game modes
A bit about myself
My name is Alan Caleb and I’m a 3D artist and game designer with many years experience working in the software industry. In this time I’ve been lucky enough to work on a huge range of varied and interesting projects.
These include Bafta winning kids games, award winning TV commercials, console and handheld games, a kids TV show, award winning web games, cutting edge animation and rendering software, and more recently 3D printing applications.
My true passion however is games and I have been involved in the making of them since I was a kid back in the early days of home computing. The rise of mobile gaming has been of huge interest to me as it seems to evoke the spirit of the early days of bedroom coding.
My latest project ‘Dare the Monkey’ is an attempt to recapture the glory days of 8 and 16 bit gaming and is especially inspired by the work of Sega and Nintendo. Mobile devices have truly brought games to the masses and I have endeavoured to create a simple but graphically rich experience that can be played and enjoyed by anyone.
I hope you enjoy playing Dare the Monkey as much as I enjoyed making it.